Large Print Reviews
78 Books: Judeo-Christian, Moslem, religions of India & China, and works about religion in general and related anthropology and myth
78 Books: Judeo-Christian, Moslem, religions of India & China, and works about religion in general and related anthropology and myth.
Compiled and Indexed by Richard Seltzer
Seedy Press, (March 22, 2002)
B & R Samizdat Express
P. O. Box 161
West Roxbury, MA, 02132
Reviewed by Rochelle Caviness - June 12, 2002
Please note: As of 12/1/2008, this CD now contains 1,249 books plus 834 sermons on 2 CDs.
Divided into six main sections, the Religion CD compiled by Richard Seltzer, offers readers access to many of the great works of the various world religions.
The books on this CD are divided into the following categories :
The books on this CD are invaluable both for their historical significance, and as a reference guide to the major works of the great faiths. This CD also serves as an inexpensive means of greatly expanding your library of religious texts. At the time that this review was written, this CD was selling for a mere $29 - less than the price of you could pay for just one of the books on this disc!
- Judeo-Christian , which includes:
- The complete text of the King James Bible (Old and New Testaments)
- The Apocrypha
- Four books by Josephus
- The Legends of the Jews by Louis Ginzberg
- Various books on the Christian Saints, the Catholic Church, the Moravian Church, Jesuit pioneers, the Mormon Church (including the Book of Mormon)
- Three books on Joan of Arc
- The works of Matin Luther, John Milton, John Bunyan, Mary Baker Eddy, Ellen G. White, and various other writers.
- Moslem - this category contains an English translation of the The Koran.
- Religions of India - the various works from India contained on this CD include the English translations of such masterpieces as:
- The Bhagavad-Gita
- A Record of Buddhistic Kingdoms
- The Upanishads
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- A Forgotten Empire: Vijayanagar; A
Contribution to the History of India by
- The Fall of the Moghul Empire of
Hindustan, by H. G. Keene
- Religions of China - this section includes:
- Analects of Confucius
- A Lute of Jade
- Religions of Ancient China by Herbert Giles
- The Tao Teh King or The Tao and Its
Characteristics by Lao-Tse
- Egypt/Babylon/Assyria - this section contains two incredible books - Legends of Babylon and Egypt by Leonard King and The Religion of Babylonia and Assyria by Theophilus Pinches. These two books are not only educational, but they are also riveting to read.
- General Works on Religion and Related Anthropology and Myth
This section contains fifteen books, covering such diverse titles as The Golden Bough by Sir James George Frazier to The God-Idea of the Ancients or Sex in Religion by Eliza Burt Gamble.
All the texts on this CD are in a plain text format so that they can be easily enlarged or read with a screen reading program. In addition, to access this, you need be using a Windows-based PC, and
a web browser (such as Internet Explorer or Netscape) and/or a Windows based word-processing program such as Microsoft Word, or Corel's Word Perfect.
Furthermore, this CD ships with a program by DLJ Software called READIT. This is a DOS, shareware program, that provides the text on a black screen with white type. This program will also help you navigate through the files, and books on the CD, using only keyboard functions. It allows you to scroll through the files, and once you select a book, it allows you to bookmark your place, and jump to your 'bookmark' when you begin reading again. In addition, it allows you to search through the text and to jump to various sections or lines. It also allows you to adjust how fast, or slow, the text is displayed as you read through the book.
Back to top
- The text on this CD is in a plain text format, and the CD can be navigated easily, and read, by any screen reading program. This makes the CD readily accessible to the visually impaired, and to individuals with other print disabled.
Back to top
- Non-Fiction CD, Compiled by Richard Seltzer.
Over 500 books on topics ranging from History to Natural Science, all on one CD. (Compact Disc)
- World Literature, Compiled by Richard Seltzer.
This collection contains over 470 books, from around the world, on one CD. (Compact Disc).
Questions or Comments? Send an email to:
Copyright © Large Print Reviews 2002 - All Rights Reserved