Large Print Reading List
The American Civil War
For more information on any of these books or to purchase from Amazon.com, click on the book's title.
Back to top
- Mothers of Invention: Women of the Slaveholding South in the American Civil War, by Drew Gilpin Faust.
- The Long Shadow of the Civil War: Southern Dissent and Its Legacies, by Victoria E. Bynum.
- Border War: Fighting over Slavery Before the Civil War, by Stanley Harrold.
- Reluctant Rebels: The Confederates Who Joined the Army After 1861, by Kenneth W. Noe.
- Lee Considered: General Robert E. Lee and Civil War History, by Alan T. Nolan.
- Great Britain and the American Civil War, by Ephraim Douglass Adams.
- Famous Adventures And Prison Escapes of the Civil War, by George W. Cable.
- West Pointers and the Civil War: The Old Army in War and Peace, by Wayne Wei-siang Hsieh.
- Wars Within a War: Controversy and Conflict over the American Civil War, by Joan Waugh.
- The Republic of Suffering, by Drew Gilpin Faust
- The American Indian as Participant in the Civil War, by Annie Heloise Abel.
- Covered With Glory: The 26th North Carolina Infantry at the Battle of Gettysburg, by Rod Gragg.
- Lee's Last Retreat: The Flight to Appomattox, by William Marvel
- History of Kershaw’s Brigade, by D. Augustus Dickert.
- Drum Taps in Dixie: Memories of a Drummer Boy, 1861-1865, by Delavan S. Miller.
- Personal Memoirs of U. S. Grant, by Ulysses S. Grant.
- I Rode With Stonewall: Being Chiefly the War Experiences of the Youngest Member of Jackson’s Staff from the John Brown Raid to the Hanging of Mrs. Surratt, by Henry Kyd Douglas.
- The Civil War Almanac, by John Stewart Bowman
- Women in the Civil War: Extraordinary Stories of Soldiers, Spies, Nurses, Doctors, Crusaders, and Others, by Larry G. Eggleston
- Last Flag Down: The Epic Journey of the Last Confederate Warship, by John Baldwin and Ron Powers
- The American Civil War: A Military History, by John Keegan
- Disunion!: The Coming of the American Civil War, 1789-1859, by Elizabeth R. Varon
- The State of Jones: The Small Southern County that Seceded from the Confederacy
, by Sally Jenkins and John Stauffer
- Eyewitness to Gettysburg: The Story of Gettysburg As Told by the Leading Correspondent of His Day, by Charles Carleton Coffin and John W. Schildt
- The Cruise of the Alabama and the Sumter , by Raphael Semmes
Tried by War: Abraham Lincoln as Commander in Chief, by James M. McPherson
- Causes Won, Lost, and Forgotten: How Hollywood and Popular Art Shape What We Know about the Civil War, by Gary W. Gallagher
- A Shower of Stars: The Medal of Honor and the 27th Maine, by John J. Pullen
- The Civil War as a Theological Crisis, by Mark A. Noll
- Recollections and Letters of General Robert E. Lee, by Robert E. Lee
- Lee Considered: General Robert E. Lee and Civil War History, by Alan T. Nolan
- I Rode with Stonewall, by Henry Kyd Douglas
- Andersonville: The Last Depot, by William Marvel
- Mothers of Invention: Women of the Slaveholding South in the American Civil War, by Drew Gilpin Faust
Fields of Blood: The Prairie Grove Campaign, by William L. Shea
- A Savage Conflict: The Decisive Role of Guerrillas in the American Civil War, by Daniel E. Sutherland
- Manhunt: The 12-Day Chase to Catch Lincoln's Kill, by James L. Swanson
- Bloody Crimes: The Chase for Jefferson Davis and the Death Pageant for Lincoln's Corpse, by James L. Swanson
- American Uprising: The Untold Story of America's Largest Slave Revolt, by Daniel Rasmussen
- Crossroads of Freedom: Antietam, by James M. McPherson
Confederates in the Attic: Dispatches from the Unfinished Civil War, by Tony Horwitz
- Lincoln at Gettysburg: The Words That Remade America, by Garry Wills
- Army Life in a Black Regiment, by Thomas Wentworth Higginson
- Robert E. Lee, by Roy Blount Jr.
- Three Years in the Sixth Corps.: A Concise Narrative of Events in the Army of the Potomac, From 1861 to the Close of the Rebellion, April 1865, by George T. Stevens
- Sherman (Great Generals), by Steven E. Woodworth
- Life in Dixie During the War: 1863-1864-1865, by Mary Ann Harris Gay
Questions or Comments? Send an email to:
Copyright © Large Print Reviews 2011 - All Rights Reserved